Trash bag twist ties are probably one of the easiest things to keep in your carry-on suitcase or cosmetic bag. And they’re quite handy when you’re traveling.
You can take the paper off and use the wire to:
- Secure a loose button or pin.
- Fix a broken necklace or other piece of jewelry.
- Temporarily replace a screw in your glasses or hair clip.
Or you can leave the paper on to:
- Bundle computer wires and cords for easy packing.
- Close a laundry bag at the hotel should you have a wet bathing suit or shoes to pack in your bag.
- Tie your hair back.
- Repair or replace a broken zipper pull on your clothes or suitcase.
- Close a plastic bag of ice to keep food and drinks cold but not wet.
[Editor’s Note: Learn more about opportunities to profit from your travels (and even from your own home) in our free online newsletter The Right Way to Travel.]