I’d like to bring back a Photo Challenge that encourages you to sift through some of your old travel photos and find your favorite. My hope is that this act of searching through your photos will bring you one step closer to selling them. Maybe you’ll find a few you like and do something more with them this year . To sweeten the pot, I’m going to offer a reward — $1,000 for the Best Travel Photograph. Here’s a brief summary of the rules of our January Photo Challenge 2015…
- The photo you submit must be a travel photograph.
- You must be the photographer. You can’t enter a photo that belongs to someone else, and you can’t enter a photo of yourself taken by somebody else. Whoever clicks the shutter on your camera is the owner of the photograph. If it wasn’t you, it’s not your photo to enter.
- You can only enter once. If you enter more than once, all your photos will be disqualified.
And here’s what’s going to happen to your photo after you enter it…
- I reserve the right to edit your photo and use it for illustration on our website and in this newsletter if I think others can learn from it.
- I reserve the right to post it on our website and use it to encourage others to enter the challenge.
- I reserve the right to congratulate you when you win and post all the winning photos on our website and in our newsletter. You retain the copyright. You’re just giving me unlimited usage rights. Not to resell it. But to use it for promotion or educational purposes.
The grand prize is a $1,000 check. And again, I hope this encourages you to look back at the places you’ve gone these past few years and comb through your photos. My guess is that you’re sitting on a goldmine without a trigger finger. Hopefully the reward and the fast-approaching deadline will help you take action. Your photo needs to be submitted no later than 8:00 a.m. EST on Monday, February 2, 2015. Please send your submission to GEPassignments@gmail.com along with your first and last name, email address, and phone number. Let’s see what we can do with that trigger finger of yours. Good luck! Share on Facebook
[Editor’s Note: Learn more about how you can turn your pictures into cash in our free online newsletter The Right Way to Travel. Sign up here today and we’ll send you a new report, Selling Photos for Cash: A Quick-Start Guide, completely FREE.]