The 2020 Ultimate Travel Writer’s Workshop
More Details Coming Soon
If you long for a career that lets you live wherever you like and work the hours you prefer… then this is, hands down, the best place to begin your adventure. You’ll find out just how easy it is to earn extra income while you travel the world… meet new people… and enjoy the freedom and independence of the writer’s life.
Over three power-packed days next October, successful travel writers and editors will help you turn your travel dreams into reality. You’ll discover the secrets to traveling the world for free… and getting paid to do it as a travel writer.
Join us in New Orleans, LA and you’ll…
- Get the secrets you need to become a successful travel writer from a group of the best editors and writers in the business…
- Walk away with a travel article you can sell — complete, polished, and in-hand, ready to be published…
- Uncover real publications looking for your articles and get the email contacts you need to successfully pitch them your ideas…
- Discover the little-known techniques travel writers use to land amazing perks like concert tickets, meals, vacations, and more… without paying a dime…
- Find out how you can have the TIME, ADVENTURE, AND FREEDOM you’re looking for as a freelance travel writer…
Activity Level: Low.
Our meetings take place in conference rooms at the DoubleTree by Hilton in downtown New Orleans, LA.
There are no prerequisites for this workshop. This workshop is for people of all skill levels and experience and the concepts discussed are doable by anyone.
Jennifer Stevens will be leading our program in October. She’s the author and creator of The Ultimate Travel Writer’s Program and architect of this workshop. Jen is the Executive Editor of International Living, and she spent a decade gallivanting around Latin America, the Caribbean, and Europe, writing about the best locales for overseas travel, retirement, and investment.
Always generous with her know-how and infinitely approachable, she’ll be on hand in New Orleans to give you the insider’s scoop about what editors are really after and she’ll also hand you article “blueprints” you can easily follow to get your pieces published in no time. Plus, she’ll show you how to polish your articles in just such a way that editors will be transfixed.
Kyle Wagner is a freelance writer, editor, and restaurant consultant. From May 2005 to August 2014 she was the Travel and Outpost Editor at the Denver Post. Kyle dished out her opinions on dining in Denver for the 12 years prior as a restaurant food critic.
Kyle is the creator of Great Escape Publishing’s Travel Writer’s Internship, and has been a presenter at Great Escape’s Ultimate Travel Writers Workshop since 2006. She loves sharing her years of industry insider experience, both as a writer and as an editor, to others looking to break into the travel writing market.
In New Orleans, we’ll have a photography expert who will provide the easy techniques you need to transform your vacation snaps into photos you can sell with your stories. This is a great way to sell more articles and land more bylines… but also to up your income. In fact, send the right photos with your story, and you can easily double what you make on it.
Plus, we’re inviting several additional local guest speakers, too, freelancers, bloggers, and editors who will share their own hard-won secrets to success…
The workshop includes:
- Three full days of intensive instruction
- Special presentations by highly regarded experts — Jennifer Stevens, Kyle Wagner, and other guest speakers
- Cocktail parties each evening
- Access to all of the presentations and recordings from the workshop
- Assistance throughout the program from our experts and staff
The workshop does NOT include:
- Air travel to and from New Orleans, LA
- Transfer to and from the airport in New Orleans
- Overnight accommodation
We have arranged for a special discounted group rate of $159/night at the DoubleTree by Hilton in downtown New Orleans, LA (300 Canal St. New Orleans, LA 70130)
Cancellation Policy: The Ultimate Travel Writer’s Workshop is nonrefundable. If, however, you are unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances, we will be happy to apply your payment toward a future workshop minus a $100 processing fee if you give us at least 30 days’ notice. Refunds to your credit card are not possible.
The details aren’t set and the plans aren’t complete, but if you add your name to our First Alert List and show interest in going with us, you’ll get a big discount on your seat.
There’s no obligation to putting your name on this list. You’ll simply be alerted as details become more finalized for the trip.